Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday preparations

Now that we are less than 2 weeks away from EV's birthday, I am on full birthday preparation mode.  This year, we have decided to keep it fairly small, which is sooo hard for me to do because I love having parties and inviting the whole world.  The hardest decision was who to invite but we decided that in order to keep it small, it would make the most sense to invite EV's friends and family.  NOT, mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpa's friends and associates. 

The theme to this year's birthday is "dairy" to celebrate EV's love of all things diary (milk, cheese, yogurt).  If you ask EV what she wants to eat, she often ends her list with, "...and cheese, too!"  Jimmy made the cutest invitation--I love the simplicity and the country feel to it. 


I also love how we incorpated the fabric we will use for the party into the invitation.  I bought a bundle of fabric appropriately called "Urban Cowgirl." 


Since being sick all weekend, I still have EV's birthday dress, fabric banner, and other little projects that need to get done for the decorations.  I am also planning on making all the food and desserts at home, aside from the birthday cheesecake.  I am so thankful for Pinterest.  It has been such a useful tool in organizing and developing all my thoughts, ideas, and plans.  I just have to remember that it's not about perfection but quality time and memories.  I can't wait to post the final products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment