Sunday, February 26, 2012

La, la, la

Lately, EV has really been into singing, especially singing songs with hand motions.  Her current favorite songs, that she knows some or most of the words include "The Wheels on the Bus," "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," and "Happy Birthday."  So, this was an extra special weekend since we went to a birthday party AND an opera performance of Rabbit Tales.

A co-worker friend's daughter was the lead duck in the opera performance, so I wanted to go to support her and to get EV exposed to some fun opera.  I did have my doubts; I was worried about EV being able to sit through an hour long performance and even more worried about my ability to sit through an opera performance.  The good news is that the performance was a lot of fun (for both EV and myself).  I was so proud of Evangeline--EV you spent the first 2-3 songs on my lap, but then you were wanting to join in on the fun.  You wanted to sit on the stairs, sing, and dance along.  Thankfully, the performance had interactive parts, and the theater was full of other kids (although it seemed that most of them stayed seated throughout the performance).  So, I did want any desperate parent would do, I bribed you with your favorite snacks if you stayed quiet.  You are such a funny kid though, every time I tried to tell you to stop singing or dancing, you would put your finger up to your mouth and say "Shhhhhhh", then you would proceed to say, "Duck, sing!! La, la, laaaaa!" "Lion, Rrrawr!!  Sing, Lalalaaaa!"  Then you would look at me and say, "shhhhhhhh."  There was a part of me that was holding back laughter and another part that was so desperately trying to get you to sit down and stay quiet.  All in all, it was a good experience.  You couldn't stop talking about it all the way up till bedtime, all you could talk about was the duck, lion, rabbit, and fox.  You couldn't stop singing and dancing.  I guess we should go to the opera more often! (Note to self:  try to get a video of EV singing, dancing, and doing hand motions).

No comments:

Post a Comment