As I was having dinner with EV today and having a conversation about her birthday, it made me want to slow down time even more. EV has been talking about her party non-stop the last few weeks and even more now that it has passed. She loves singing happy birthday to herself and talking about all of her friends and blowing out the candles on her cake. I am just amazed that I can actually sit down and have a conversation with her.
So, if you read Jimmy's blog (http://jimmyhkim.wordpress.com/) he talks about how we stayed up late to work on all the details of EV's party. It's amazing how a simple website like Pinterest can make such a huge difference with planning and it makes you wonder how you lived without it before. So, here's a brief recap of all that was handmade and the link of the tutorial (if there is one) for EV's "dairy' themed party:
EV's dress (http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2011/01/spring-fever-dress.html)
Party banner (http://www.sassybabiesblog.com/2012/01/guest-post-banners.html)
Letter E (not a great view from this pic--http://andeverythingsweet.blogspot.com/2012/01/feather-her-nest.html)
Fabric covered water bottles (my own idea)
Props for photo booth (includes top hats, glasses, mustaches, etc--didn't get a picture of the bucket)
Cupcakes (http://keepingupwiththekunzs.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-to-do-what-to-do.html)
Cheesecake balls (http://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-pops/)
Strawberry stuffed cheesecake (http://www.thesweetslife.com/2011/08/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries.html)
Mac and Cheese balls (Jimmy's recipe)
Chicken salad croissants (Jimmy's recipe)
Cheese Fondue
Yogurt Bar
Milk (chocolate and 2%)
(Not pictured: EV's photobook (made by Apple) and party favors (puzzles of a farm--mostly))
I think that's it--we had a lot of fun celebrating with EV's friends. We are so blessed to have so many friends and family that love us and want to celebrate with us. Evangeline, you have this amazing ability to brighten up our day and put a smile on our faces. You make us laugh and you know you are funny. You love being around people and you are already such a compassionate person. You can't stand to see others crying or being sad. You are stubborn and persistent, but at the same time loving and gentle. We love you so so so so much! I look forward to every new memory and new encounters. I can't believe you are 2 years old!!
No comments:
Post a Comment