Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where is baby's belly button?

EV said her first word outside of "umma" and "appa"today right before bed--you said "baby" three times!!!  There is this book you absolutely adore called Where is Baby's Belly Button? In the book it asks, "where are baby's eyes?" and then you pull a flap and it says, "under her hat!" Or "where is baby's nose?" and you pull the flap and it says, "behind the cup!"  We read this book over and over again like most of your other books, you know exactly what flaps to pull and you always point to the baby.  Well this time, I asked, "where is baby's nose?" you looked up at me and at first it sounded like you said "baba" so I thought you were saying "appa" and so I said, "he's at work but you'll see him in the morning."  Next page, "where are baby's feet?"  You pulled the tab, pointed to the baby, looked up at me and said very clearly, "baby."  *In shock* I said, where's the baby?  And again, you pointed to the baby and said "baby."  Turned the page and again you said, "baby."  At this point I'm so excited that I can't contain myself, "where's the baby? EV, where's the baby? EV can you say baby?"  You are annoyed with me and move on to your next book.  I missed my photo opportunity because I wanted to hear you say "baby" one more time but here is a photo of your bent up book.  Momma is so proud of you little one!





No comments:

Post a Comment