Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fresh start

I have tried to keep a journal for Evangeline since I was pregnant with her but I have been horrible at keeping it up since she's been born. I figured since I'm always on the computer, this has to be easier to keep updated. We'll see, I'm sure I'll update frequently at first and then less and less (that seems to be my trend).




I cannot believe that it is already the second day of a new year. EV you are now standing on your own for several seconds at a time (more than 10 less than 30), you are talking constantly, pointing to everything, and learning faster than I can teach. You can now stack two blocks but you are too eager to knock them down before you can stack anymore. When you are into something, you cannot be bothered. You love to eat and try new things. You are afraid of the roomba and anything else that moves on its own that's not human. You are ready to start the day at 6:00am but momma makes you wait until at least 6:30. You love meeting new people and you are not afraid to make new friends. You know how to clap, sign for milk, eat, and all done, and wave hello and goodbye. You say "appa" when you're happy and "umma" when you're upset. You are a ball of energy. You are always on the go and will not sit still or stop for anyone. Your favorite toy is a book and you love flipping through the same pages over and over again, pointing to the same objects again and again, until momma can't take it anymore and makes you move on to another book or toy. You never cry. You always smile. You are definitely a blessing from above and we are so blessed to be your parents.


As for myself, I have been sick all week and not feeling ready to get back into the grind starting tomorrow. Hubby will be at a retreat, EV will be starting preschool two days a week, grandma will be watching EV two days a week, and I will be a single momma for the week. Lord, please grant me the strength, patience, and endurance to juggle everything this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment