Friday, October 31, 2014

Elsa and Olaf

I have been a little lax with my no TV rule with EV.  That doesn't mean we let her go to town with it, but we do let her get about an hours worth of screen time a week.  I've also been lax with movies.  I myself enjoy a good movie and I don't want to deprive EV completely.  So, I've given into this whole Frozen obsession.  She's now seen the movie, gone to see Frozen on Ice, and has Frozen paraphernalia.  So when EV said she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween, I said okay and started looking at possible ways to make her an Elsa dress.  Although EV was insistent that Emmett be Anna, I did have to put my foot down and gently suggest to her that he may be a better Olaf than an Anna. 

Making an Elsa dress was hard and I was ready to cut a vein doing it, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. [Although through this experience I do not think I am capable of making a homecoming or prom dress or at least anything that has a sweetheart neckline].  I had an "angel" costume that I sewed the Elsa dress on top of and it turned out really nicely.  I love making their costumes and clothes because I get to put a little of myself into it.  I also find tremendous satisfaction in her joy when I create something new for her.  Although I haven't been able to sew as much since Emmett's been born, it still is something I hope to keep up as much as I can.

So, I would like to now introduce to you, Elsa and Olaf.  [Please ignore the fact that the Olaf hat is a little too small on Emmett's big head, I swear I measured before I ordered].






No comments:

Post a Comment