Last week we went up to Maryland to visit Jimmy's family. We decided to drive this time and instead of doing it through the night we thought we would take our time, make multiple stops, and make a day of it. I was so proud of EV because not only did she do great on the drive up and down (I'm sure being able to watch DVDs for the first time helped a lot with passing the time) but she was so well-behaved on this trip. I think I've said this before but I feel like anytime we go on a trip EV grows and matures leaps and bounds.
The week before this trip, EV had learned about outerspace and planets so one of the first places she wanted to go was the Air and Space Museum. She pointed out that the last time we went there we made her take a nap and that she wasn't able to see much. Unfortunately, our camera was out of batteries but take my word she loved it. Afterwards she was ready to see another museum. Museum, museum, museum was the word of the week.
We also made it to the National Zoo. Although it was her third time to that zoo, there were many new things and things we didn't see before. We started early and thank goodness cause it got way too hot to do anything in the afternoon. My favorite comment that day was when I said, "Ohhh EV, look at those crocodiles!!" and EV responded, "Yeah mommy!! And look at all that sand!!!" Hahahaha.
One day we went to Annapolis and did a pirate adventure on a ship. EV's reaction was not what I was hoping for--she was scared. I thought she would enjoy dressing up, getting fake tattoos, pretending to be a pirate, and running around on a ship with a bunch of other kids. But no, she was a little freaked out and didn't want to participate (until they found the treasure chest and gave out treasures). It didn't help that it was scorching hot. I think towards the end she enjoyed it a little at least the shooting the "bad guy" with water, finding the treasure chest, and being on a boat parts. At least we got to be out on the water and had some seafood for lunch.
We can't forget the Maryland blue crabs. EV LOVED the crabs. She inhaled it faster than we can dig it out and put it on her plate. And last but not least spending time with family. EV is so endearing and loves being with family. It doesn't matter if she only sees them once or twice a year. When she doesn't see them, she talks constantly about them and remembers the smallest details. She especially loves her uncle Tom. It's always good to see family--we miss you all and love you all very much. Hope to see you again very soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment