Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weddings

This past month, we have had the privilege to attend three weddings.  They were of friends from three very different stages of my life.  Interestingly, Jimmy was unavailable to go with me and so I had the honor of having EV as my date for all three events.

I am not a very emotional person but I can get very sentimental.  Interestingly, at these weddings, I choked up and held back some major tears at the very same moment--when they bowed and hugged their parents.  This never happened before, but that's when I realized it's because one day we will have to give EV away.

The last wedding I went to was a friend of mine from middle/high school.  It definitely brought back memories of sleeping over at her place and talking about boys all the time.  She looked absolutely stunning but I would not expect her to look any other way.  She was always very pretty--shy and pretty.  Well, I was trying so hard not to break down when her dad gave her the biggest and sweetest hug a father could give his daughter.  Maybe it's because I have known her for so long; maybe it's because I used to be so scared of her dad and seeing him hug her like that showed his soft side; maybe it's because one day Jimmy will give EV a hug like that; maybe I'm just a big softy now that I have EV. Either way, it was touching and it made me want to cherish every moment I have with EV.

EV on the other hand has had a very different perspective after attending these weddings.  She now associates weddings with dduk (Korean rice cakes).  It's so like my daughter to associate everything with food.

Congratulations, friends!  I wish you all the best as you journey into the next chapter of your lives together.  May God bless your marriage and you grow with more love each and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment