Friday, November 4, 2011

Peepee in the Potty

Evangeline, this past week you have been showing more and more interest in the potty.  Anytime anyone goes to the bathroom, you insist that you sit on the toilet yourself.  So, I will rush you to the bathroom, take your diaper off and let you sit there until you ask for a piece of toilet paper, throw it into the toilet, and say you're all done.  Up until this evening, it was all about the process but no results.  Well, that all changed this evening.  As I was getting ready to give you a bath, I told you that I had to go peepee.  Afterwards, I hear you peeing in the bathtub, so I asked if you would like to pee in your toilet.  You nodded, so I quickly plop you onto your toilet, and you finish up peeing.  You proceed to ask for a piece of toilet paper, which you throw into the seat behind you.  After your bath, you say that you have to peepee again.  So, I plop you back on your toilet and you proceed to pee a second time!!  I was so proud of you and after giving you tons of high fives and accolades, you look at me and say "more."  So, I told you that it doesn't work like that and that we can go to the potty next time you have to pee again.  I don't know if this was a one time deal but it's amazing how much joy I got seeing you pee in a toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment