Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Outdoor fun

I know I keep saying this, but it's absolutely amazing how quickly time goes by.  I cannot believe Evangeline is already 19 months old and these last couple of months have been so much fun!  I feel like we all have gotten into a really nice groove--it's as if we finally understand each other and that makes everything so much easier.  EV has not been throwing her temper tantrums (with the exception of the weekend papa bear was gone) and in general communication has gotten better (meaning I get what EV is saying and she is much clearer with her words).

EV loves being outdoors.  If she could, she would play outside all day and these days I am really grateful for our big backyard and the playground we have back there.  EV will play on the swing, go up and down the slide, and just hang out all day.  We try to make it out to a park every chance we get so that she can explore new playgrounds, see birds and ducks, and watch people and their pets.  EV has grown so fond of dogs, quickly getting over her fear and exploring her curiosity, I have a feeling that I have to get over my fear of dogs sooner than later.










A couple weeks ago we took EV to the aquarium and it was so much fun!  I have been to the GA aquarium several times, but this was the most fun I had (much better than even the first time I went).  EV was just so amazed and fascinated with all the fish.  She was scared but so curious.  It was fun watching her explore and just take it all in.  She was so confused by the sea otters.  She kept saying, "mong mong [which means dog]" and "mul? [which means water]" as if she was asking why is the dog in the water.  Or how she was trying to remember the word for penguin and all she could come up with was "duck, duck!" and we would say, "no EV, those are penguins, remember from your books?" and she would just stare at them with wonder.  We could have been there for hours but thankfully we decided to buy a season pass, since EV is free until she's three, so I guess we'll be heading to the aquarium on those rainy/indoor days.






As the holiday season approaches, I am wanting to create traditions.  Last year we didn't do anything because I was just so tired and it was just hard enough taking care of EV (we didn't even put the tree up!), but now that we are in a good routine, and now that EV can appreciate it more, I am more motivated.  I hope to share more about the traditions we are starting as we start them.  So, what are some traditions you remember from growing up or you have with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment