Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Kimchi squats to standing
Evangeline is such a Korean baby, and this is not just based on her looks. EV, you love Korean food more than any other types of food, and I'm not talking about basics like rice or vegetable porridge, I'm talking about fermented soy bean paste soup (think miso soup but stronger). You also like to sit in a kimchi squat position. I have never seen a baby sit like this, comfortably in the middle of a room or while reading a book, but you love it. Then you took it up a notch yesterday. After you have a bowel movement, you never like to sit, so you are either on your side or in the kimchi squat. So, after you had a BM, you were in a kimchi squat, then you slowly started pushing yourself up (feet shoulder length apart). Next thing I know, you are squatting, standing, clapping. You did this over and over and over again. Well, tonight you were very cranky and only wanted to be held. While I was nursing you, you kept on putting your leg up on my shoulder and taking my hand and putting it on your leg. So, I started massaging your leg. I think your leg was hurting because of all the squats you've been doing the past two days. Your legs went limp as I massaged them and you slowly started falling asleep. You are always so determined to perfect whatever you learn. I love that about you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment