Prior to this year, we had taken EV ice skating once when she was 20 months old. November of this year was the second time taking EV and she was hooked. I think there were two major things, we went with a friend and she skated much better than EV and at the top of every hour was a little performance by junior skaters. EV is super competitive so seeing her friend Kati skate well, she felt compelled to skate just as good. She was also mesmerized by the junior skaters.
So, we signed her up for ice skating lessons. And reality hit. This is not easy. It hurts when you fall. And the ice is cold. These three things makes EV waffle between I never want to skate again and I love ice skating. She likes the idea of skating and wants to be as good as those junior skaters. She hates that it isn't an easy process.
I am so glad we signed her up though. I'm still trying to decide if we should continue after this session. Although Jimmy has visions of her becoming an Olympic figure skater, I simply want her to do what she's passionate about. I don't want her to be a quitter all because it's not easy, but I also don't want to push her to do something that she doesn't care for. When she skates, she's competitive, she doesn't quit, she pushes herself, and she seems to be having fun, which makes me think I should encourage her to keep at it. Other times, I see her frustration and tears in her eyes and I just want to let her quit. No matter what, I want her to know that we are proud of her for her determination and for trying her best when she does go to lessons.
She's growing up so fast and it's not always easy keeping up. We're proud of you!! And in EV's words, "for what?!" For always trying your best, getting up after you fall, and putting a smile on your face even when it's not easy. We love you, Evangeline!!



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment