We all eagerly anticipated the birth of this baby and I think EV's expectation was let down the most. Say what?! The baby can't play with me and do all the things I dreamed he would do? All he is going to do is eat, sleep, and take away my precious time with mommy?? Oh yeah, the first three months were tough on everyone, especially EV. Our precocious, independent, sassy little 4 year old became a whining, needy, baby herself. Then one day, EV walks into a room and Emmett flashes her the biggest smile ever and everything changes.
EV starts to acknowledge her little brother, she sings to him, dances for him, plays with him. If he drops a toy, she picks it up for him. If he drools, she gets his burp cloth to wipe his mouth for him. If he cries, she goes over and comforts him. She's also back to her normal self, she's able to play by herself again, she's less whiny and needy, and she's back to doing everything by herself again.
It warms my heart to see these two get to know each other. I know they will have their fair amount of arguing and fighting (especially the day Emmett stands up to his sister and doesn't do what she tells him to do). But I pray that even in those moments, they will grow closer to one another and become the best of buddies. EV calls Emmett her baby (primarily because she doesn't want to acknowledge that I am his momma) and says that when she grows up she's going to marry Emmett. I know that it was not instantaneous but I love that she is loving her brother a little more every day.





No comments:
Post a Comment