Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to Reality

So, the last two months have been very crazy for me--not the typical busy with too many projects and living life crazy, but the stuck in bed, not myself, helpless type of crazy.  But with the start of a new year are new goals and a renewed spirit.  After having two weeks off from work and having done literally NOTHING in those two weeks, I am ready to tackle this pregnancy, my family, my work, my life in a whole new light.  Two lessons I've learned:  Take my time and Listen to your body.

So, I started back at work last week and even made it into the office (which requires getting dressed, putting on making, doing my hair, and walking).  I signed EV up for ballet.  I hosted small group in my house.  These may seem like easy everyday tasks but it really required a lot of energy and effort.

My goals for the next few months:
-Start planning for EV's birthday party
-Journal more
-Clean out Emmett's room and paint it
-Spend more time with EV
-Go on a date with Jimmy

Getting out of the house definitely helps with getting me more motivated.  I'm hoping that once the nausea subsides, I'll really have the energy to spend time with my loved ones and do more activities.

This little girl has been stealing my heart.  



My strong-willed child has been showing herself to be loving and compassionate and it brings me to tears.  When my days are bad, EV will come and tell me, "I know it's hard," "I love you, mommy," "get some rest and it'll be better in the morning."  She'll hug me and kiss me and just sit next to me while holding my hand.  And when she tells me that instead of making her sad, it makes her happy to be able to let me rest, it makes me want to hurry up and get better so that I can be there for her and hold her and tell her that everything is okay. 

So yup, it's back to reality--2014 here we come ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment