Friday, April 26, 2013

Sleep Talking

I have an obssession with taking pictures of EV when she's asleep.  What is it about sleeping babies?!?  Anyways, EV has a very interesting habit.  She's a sleep talker and it's a little creepy.  Between 18 months and 2 years, it would just be random laughter or crying.  Then when she turned two it would be random words, but now she just has random conversations in her sleep. 

One night we heard EV giggling and she says, "Awwww--what a cute puppy" and another time she says, "I'm hungry.  I want some yogurt."  But most recently, EV and I had an arguement while both of us were asleep (yes, I sleep talk as well but it never bothered me because I was never aware of it). Here's what happened.  EV was in deep sleep and I was in a semi-conscious sleep state.  EV starts crying and I ask her, "why are you crying?"  EV does not respond.  I get frustrated.  So, I ask again, "EV, why are you crying?"  Again she does not respond.  So, I am upset now.  "EVANGELINE, WHY ARE YOU CRYING?"  EV says in a whimper, "...because you said no."  Now I'm even more confused and frustrated, "when did I say no to you?"  EV says again, "...you just said no."  I say, "I didn't say anything to you."  This goes on a couple more times.  Then I get frustrated so I leave the room and fall asleep on the couch.  The next morning I have a faint recollection of the conversation but not sure why I was so upset.  EV has no memory of it.  Here's the funniest part, poor Jimmy has no idea what is going on and doesn't know what to do.  How do you console a frustrated wife and a crying daughter when they are both asleep?  Poor Jimmy.

I think I need to have a recorder playing through the night to capture all that is said between EV and myself.  At least she doesn't sleep walk...I used to do that when I was stressed and it would stress out everyone around me.

Oh, and she likes to sleep on top of pillows. She makes a pillow bed on top of her bed.

















No comments:

Post a Comment