Monday, March 18, 2013

Ballet Class

I swore when I found out that I was having a girl that I would not put EV in pink and expose her to the world of princesses and ballerinas.  But almost everything cute out there for baby girls is in pink and so many playthings for toddler girls all reference princesses and ballerinas.  So, here we are the week before EV's third birthday at her first ballet class.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against ballet and she is the cutest little ballerina I have laid eyes on, but I just don't want it to become an obsession.

I have to say, I have never seen EV concentrate so hard and look so intense.  The ballet class is at a local community center, so it's a mix of beginners and girls who already have had a session or two.  I was surprised at how they jumped right into things, but EV kept up for the most part.  I was so proud of her, she would volunteer herself and when it was her turn, she would jump, skip, gallop, twirl her way across the classroom.  After class was over she said it was a lot of fun and she wanted to do it again.  Maybe we have a little ballerina on our hands.













No comments:

Post a Comment