Wednesday, February 20, 2013

And so it begins...

After six months of planning, budgeting, appraising, applying, and preparing we are finally starting our home renovation!  Praise God! Now it's a matter of praying that nothing unexpected happens because no matter how much you plan you can't fully plan for the unforseen costs. 



As much as I am excited, I am very nervous.  It's going to be a long 3-4 months but I am also very grateful for friends who are letting us stay at their house during the renovation, friends who are helping to watch EV when we need to clean out our house, and friends who offer their time to help in any way that they can.  I am realizing how blessed we are that we can make such changes to the house and to have a community of friends and family who are offering their time and home.  Feeling super blessed.  We love you all!

EV, during this time, you are going through some anxiety.  I think it's a mixture of dealing with the renovation and partially developmental.  When we first moved some furniture, we did it while you and I were out, and that made you really nervous.  When we got home, you asked, "What happened to our table and chairs?"  Afterwards, I realized that I needed to explain to you what was happening so that you can better prepare yourself and not be surprised by all the changes.  The biggest uncertainty is staying at someone else's house.  You keep asking if mommy and daddy will be with you and what's going to happen to your room.  You are also preparing to turn 3 and as exciting as that is (you go around saying, "I'm 2 years old, but will be turning 3 on March 16th" Haha), it's also bringing more persistance, temper tantrums, and demands on your part.  I know that once this is all over, you will appreciate the space.  So, I pray that we can get through the next 4 months without any major hiccups with both the renovations and with EV.  Can't wait to share all the before and after pictures!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment