Friday, December 14, 2012

Sewing Club

I started sewing about a year ago and it's been a lot of fun sewing for EV.  But after awhile, it gets kinda boring sewing by yourself.  So, a couple of friends were interested in learning to sew; so, I decided to host a night of sewing.  It was a lot much fun to sew together, learn from one another, and to hang out.  So, we decided to try to meet monthly for Friday Night Sewing Club.

The first time we met, I taught the gals how to attach a skirt to a shirt to make a t-shirt dress.  Very simple and oh so cute!  Here's a picture of the final product:


The next two times, only Eileen could make it but it was still a good time.  She made a skirt both times (which Ellie wears all the time) and I made EV's Christmas dress and a pair of ruffle pants:

 

Tonight Eunice made a skirt for Mia, Krystal made a skirt and scarf for herself, and I made an infinity scarf for myself.


It's so much fun and fulfilling!!   I think the day EV doesn't want to wear homemade clothes will make me sad.  I think it's the best feeling to have EV wear something I made and get compliments where ever we go.  At least for now EV is proud of the clothes I make for her, to the point that she thinks everything she wears is made by mommy.  Ha!

I am also thankful for friends who want to sew with me and share in the hobby.  I hope the sewing machines you all bought are worth it and that you make many wonderful things for your little ones, yourself, and your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment