Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Addiction to online subscriptions

So, I've jumped on the online subscription bandwagon and it's sucked me in and I don't know how to get out (or if I really want to)!  What do I mean by online subscriptions?  They are different types of services where you pay a monthly fee and get a box of goodies.  Here are my current subscriptions:

Wittlebee--I love this subscription!  I pay $40 and get a box of clothes for EV.  I can pause whenever I want to and I have my very own stylist.  I let them know what kind of clothes, season, style, color, print, etc. that I want, including detailed notes about what I like and do not like, and then I receive a box of hand-selected designer clothes for EV.  So far, I have received two boxes and have loved almost every piece that I got.  I wish they had a service like this for adult clothes.

Birchbox--I think my anticipation was much higher than what I got, but I was still happy with my first box last month.  This is a subscription for beauty products, such as make-up, cleansers, lotions, hair products, fragarences, etc.  It's $10 a month and you can cancel anytime as well.  I think the only thing is that the samples are smaller than I thought.  Although in my last box, I got a full-sized liquid eyeliner that retailed for $15 so it made my box worth the $10 I spent.

Little Black Bag--This is my current obsession (thanks @MaryLee)!  You pay $50 a month and get a box of bags, jewelry, accessories, and makeup.  You pick your first item (I picked a purse worth $72) and then the stylists will pick an additional 2-3 items.  After you submit your payment, that's when the addicting part begins.  You can trade out any of your items for other items for 7 days.  All items are fully refundable.  I love my bag and one of the jewelry pieces I currently have in my bag; I'm just waiting for the right trade for my other jewelry item.  Plus, on Monday's and Thursday's they have new inventory so I'll wait it out until Thursday before deciding on my bag.

I also have a few other subscriptions that I want to check out (but since I'm a sucker for these, I'm sure I will try out others as I learn about them):

-Conscious Box--a monthly delivery of pure and sustainable products
-Glambag--this is similar to birchbox but it looks like the samples may be larger (at the same price!)
-KiwiCrate--this is a monthly subscription of crafts and activities for kids with all materials included

No comments:

Post a Comment