I can't believe it is already the end of June! I find myself busier than ever with work, church, family, and friends. Since my last post, I have been on work travel twice and the beach for vacation. In addition to traveling, we have said good-bye to old friends, hello to new ones, and nice to see ya again to friends we haven't seen in awhile. I've had crazy work deadlines and Jimmy is busy preparing for Rush. We've gone to birthday parties, celebrated father's day, hung out at the pool, had a garage sale, and spent time with friends and family. I've been spending time thinking, praying, and planning for the new ministry year for the working moms community. So yes, it's already the end of June but we have done so much and we still have so much more to do!
So, what is EV up to now? She is becoming a lady. It's amazing how quicklyl they grow and mature. We have conversations and I can now see and understand her thought processes. She's able to articulate her emotions and her thoughts. She has an incredible memory. She is considerate, loving, funny, persistent, indepedent, sensitive, perceptive and insightful. She is constantly talking and likes to narrate EVERYTHING--"Look mommy, I am eating a bagel; it has cream cheese on it. Mommy is all done with her bagel and is wiping her mouth. Look mommy, daddy is sitting next to me. Daddy has a bagel, EV has a bagel. My bagel has cream cheese on it..." and on and on and on. She puts a smile on my face when she says things like, "Mommy, please turn up the air. Look at me, I'm sweating." or "Mommy, you look pretty today." The mornings when she wakes up before us, she'll tiptoe quietly into our room, peak in and take a look at us, and then go back to her room to play by herself until either we are ready to wake up or she gets too bored. She likes to play jokes and she loves laughing. She loves to sing and is singing all the time. She loves to swim and getting more confident in the water--she can jump high and far. She swims across the pool with just pool noodles and no help. She has high standards for herself and gets frustrated when she cannot accomplish what she thinks she can in her head. She gets embarrassed when she gets in trouble in front of others. Her current favorite book is Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Suess. Evangeline, you are truly our joy and in times of frustration or discouragement, we look at you and are reminded of God's love and blessing. I am so thankful for the moments we share and I look forward to more.
Things to come next month:
--4th of July
--GoldRush
--Trip to Maryland
--Camping
No comments:
Post a Comment