Sunday, June 19, 2011

Catch up

This is a catch up entry--so warning everyone it's going to be long...

So, let's start with today.  It's father's day and first and foremost I am reminded of how blessed I am to have a father that loves me so unconditionally.  Growing up, my dad worked really hard for our family and endured a lot of hardship for us.  He instilled in me a sense of worth and pride while at the same time he taught me humility and good work ethics.  I love my dad and am very grateful for our relationship today.  I always said as a child that I wanted to marry someone like my dad, and interestingly enough, some parts of Jimmy is a lot like my dad.  One similar thing is their dedication, love, and willingness to go out of their way for their daughter.  Thank you Jimmy for being such an amazing father and husband.  You work tirelessly to support us, love us, and provide for us and we are so very grateful that God has blessed us with a man like you in our lives.  We love you very much!

Evangeline, this month has been such a crazy month, and your pappa has been so supportive through it all. When your greatgrandmother (my mommy's mom) was very sick, your pappa told me to stop thinking about it and to just buy tickets all the way to Korea and go see her because this will probably be the last time.  While I was in Korea, he took such good care of you and we skyped twice a day (thank you technology) so that you wouldn't forget your momma.  I think while I was away for the week, you lost your confidence, because when I got back you had developed really bad separation anxiety and was really whiny and clingy.  It makes me sad because I have to leave again soon for a work trip and I don't want you to think that I am deserting you.

You are now 15 months old and it's amazing how much you have grown since last month.  You are now shaking your head "no" to everything.  I think you find it amusing and fun, and I think you like the amount of control you have when you do say "no."  At first I thought it was nice, cause I didn't have to guess anymore, I would ask if you wanted this or that, and you would say yes or no, but now it seems like everything is a no.  Hopefully, you'll get over this stage soon.  You are also saying more words or sounds.  You say "go" when you want to go somewhere, you say "boo" for book, "ah gah" for all done or no, "up" for up, "ee guh" for this, "bao" for ball, and "babee" for baby.  All your other sounds are not very distinguishable yet but you babble quite a bit and get frustrated with us when we do not always understand.  You love sliding down slides, chasing after animals (although when they get near they scare you), playing outside and in the fountain, feeding yourself, and reading books.  You love to eat and everyday it's a new favorite.  You will love one thing for a couple days and then do not want anything to do it.  Currently you are into cantaloupe, dumplings, egg whites, and tofu but this changes constantly.  There are days when you are confident, fearless, and full of adventure.  Those are the days when you chase the birds and want to walk off the edge of the pier into a body of water.  Those are the days when you approach strangers, talk to them, and walk off regardless of whether we are around.  And then there are days when you are full of fear, uncertainty, and bashfulness.  Those are the days when you freak out seeing a small spider on the wall or lose it when you see the church nursery because you don't want us to leave you.  Those are the days you want to be held, cling on so tightly, and bury your head in between my legs.  Regardless of what kind of day you are having, you are so beautiful, smart, and loveable, and we would not trade you for anyone else.  We love you so much, baby girl, and we look forward to each new day.

P.S.  I tried adding two videos but it's taking way too long so maybe next time

No comments:

Post a Comment